Summer Math Programs
Each summer we offer a number of programs for students of all ages and abilities. Further information and links to registration for each program can be found by clicking on the name of the program.
- Math Camps: 2-weeks in the summer (one in July, one in August) (Grades 2 - 8)
- Our Math Camp programs provide students with a hands-on experience in mathematics at two different levels: Inspiring Math Minds (designed to help students build their confidence and skills with Math) and Enriching Math Minds (designed to challenge students and to enrich their already strong skills in math. Each year the camp is offered on two different weeks with different topics being covered each week. Sign up for one or both!
- High School Math Preparation Classes: First two weeks in August (Grade 7, 8 and 9)
- The High School Math Preparation Program is aimed at students who are lagging behind the rest of the class in mathematics, but otherwise have demonstrated an ability to learn at grade level in other courses. The intent is to provide students with a unique learning environment where they can regain their confidence while filling in the gaps in their knowledge of mathematics.
- Canada Math Camp: last week of July (Grades 8 - 10)
- This invitation only program is based on the Canadian Open Mathematics Contest and prepares students for potential participation in the Canadian and International Math Olympiad teams. Students who don't receive an invitation may still be considered with a strong recommendation from someone who can speak to their mathematics abilities. This is a residence program.
- Math Academy: August (Grades 9 - 12)
- The Mathematics Academy Programs are aimed at providing students with experience in Mathematics and Mathematics Research. The program strives to introduce students to concepts not typically covered in the standard curriculum. Students will gain knowledge and skills in various aspects of mathematics and will have a chance to meet with members of the department currently involved in mathematics research.