Due to COVID-19, we'll be teaching all our fall programs online. Our courses for grades 2-12 are listed below. We are offering two streams: “on-curriculum” and enrichment. In addition, we will be running an online contest preparation sessions for grades 7-12 in September, a new version of Contest Clubs, to prepare and train contest writers for the COMC and AMC 8.
- Access to a device with video and microphone to allow for two-way communication with the instructor and other participants during the scheduled class time.
- A Gmail address to use to log into Google Classroom. This does not need to be the same one the parent used to enroll as these two systems are not interconnected in any way.
- Access to a printer is helpful, but not necessary. Instructors have been asked to keep in mind that not everyone has one. In the limited cases in which an activity absolutely requires a printer, teachers will provide an alternative activity that does not require one.
- Paper and pencil
- Fall Term: October 13 - November 20 (six weeks)
- Spring Term 1: April 20 - May 15 (four weeks)
- Spring Term 2: May 25 - June 19 (four weeks)
- Summer Term 1: July 6 - July 31 (four weeks)
- Summer Term 2: August 4 - August 28 (four weeks)
On-curriculum courses will be for single grades. Teachers will provide live lessons, assign questions designed to strengthen foundations and deepen understanding of the material and increase enjoyment of the subject matter. The exact topics to be covered in the course will be advertised ahead of time so that you can decide whether or not the course would be useful for your child. On-curriculum courses are suitable for children who are working approximately at their grade level. If your child is struggling significantly in math, you may want to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the most appropriate placement.
Enrichment courses are designed for children who have already mastered the material at their grade level and are looking for greater challenges and new ways to stimulate their interest in math. For those already familiar with our past “Enriching Minds” clubs and camps, these courses will be in a similar vein, adapted for the online experience. Some enrichment classes will be for single grades; some will be two-year splits; and we will be piloting a new enrichment program for high school students.
Classes will be taught live on Zoom, a video conferencing tool, and class materials will be organized on Google Classroom. Both platforms are free. For full participation in the class, your child will need
Classes will be two one-hour sessions during after-school hours per week, Tuesday to Friday. See full course descriptions for schedule.
Program Fees and Financial Support
$168 for four weeks
We have adjusted our bursary process in order to maintain accessibility for families financially impacted by lay-offs and reduced hours. If you are unable to pay the full program because you have been financially affected by the COVID-19 situation or are otherwise low-income, please apply for a bursary. Further information and an application form can be found here.