Please note: this program is only offered at the downtown location of the University of Toronto
We will run five sections of March Break Camp:
- Math FUNdamentals (Grade 2): Participants will approach fundamental math concepts through a balance of hands-on activities, games, and crafts, and pencil-and-paper math to help reinforce important concepts and skills. This program teaches and reinforces topics from the grade 2 curriculum with the aim of building a strong foundation for math learning and fostering confidence and a positive attitude about math.
- Inspiring Math Minds (Grades 3 - 5; Grades 6 - 8): This program is designed to help students build their confidence and skills with mathematics. Through hands-on, fun-filled activities, the program assists students to build their strength and confidence with the subject and helps inspire them to experience it more fully.
- Enriching Math Minds (Grades 3 - 5; Grades 6 - 8): This program is designed to challenge students to enrich their already strong skills in mathematics. Through hands-on, fun-filled activities, students will put their math skills to the test with challenging problems and concepts.
Students in grades 3 - 5 and 6 - 8 will be placed into a section based on their score on an online placement quiz completed prior to the program. The quiz will be emailed to registrants.
Students in Grades 9 – 12, or very strong Grade 7-8 students, are referred to our Math Academy program.
Our camps are currently offered three times per year, each with different content (sign up for one, two or all three!):
- March Break: March 12 - 16, 2018
- Summer (July): July 2018, exact dates TBD
- Summer (August): August 2018, exact dates TBD
Camps run from 9am - 4pm, Monday to Friday. We also offer an early drop off starting at 8am and a late pick up which runs until 6pm to all participants free of charge (no additional sign up is required to participate). Please note that there is no early drop-off program on the Monday morning of the camp and check-in opens at 8:15am on Monday.
All students are provided with snacks twice per day, and a break from 12 - 1pm each day for lunch (not provided).
The cost of the program is $339 for the week. Bursaries applications are available on our Bursary Application page.
All sessions will take place at the downtown campus of the University of Toronto
Exact location details will be sent to registered participants prior to the start of the first class