The Department of Mathematics offers a wide number of competitions aimed at a wide range of students. Click on any competition link for further details.
- Math Kangaroo: aimed at students from Grades 1 – 12 and offers participants a fun and challenging way to get involved with math and math competitions. It is an international competition and students are ranked and awarded both regionally and nationally. The competition is written here on campus at our three campus locations (Downtown, Mississauga and Scarborough) at the end of March each year with training sessions (online and on-campus) offered starting in January.
- Tournament of the Towns: open to students in Grades 7 – 12 and has two levels (Open and Advanced). The competition is open to anyone at any level and is designed to encourage students with imagination and creativity in mathematics to challenge themselves in an Internationally ranked competition. The competition is written at our downtown campus in Fall and Spring each year with Preparation sessions offered the weeks leading up to the competition.
- The Canadian Open Mathematics Competition: offered by the Canadian Mathematics Society and is open to students from across Canada to be written at their schools. It is written in November each year.
- American Mathematics Competition: hosted by the Mathematics Association of America each year. This year the Department of Mathematics is proud to host the AMC10 and the AMC12.
Contests Organized by External Organizations
- Math Stars Competition: a nationwide contest open to all Grade 6, 7, and 8 students. The regional contest for the Toronto Region will be held on Saturday, March 12th, 2016, and the registration deadline is February 29th, 2016.